Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BEST enchilada recipe


I have been asked by a few different people to write down the recipes I use. I will use this blog to record some of my favorite recipes I have tried. **When I look for recipes, I use the internet or iphone apps. I never try a recipe that is rated under 4 stars. I do try to make only the 5 star recipes, but sometimes I will try a four star. I love using the internet for recipes, because people post comments, and sometimes they have great things to add or take away from a recipe to make it taste better or be healthier for you. Gotta love technology.


Turkey Enchiladas Suizas
From Woman's Day | May 10, 2005



Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

INGREDIENTS

*8 corn tortillas, stacked and wrapped in foil

*11⁄4 cups green salsa (salsa verde)

*1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream

*1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro

*11⁄2 cups (8 oz) diced cooked turkey breast

*6 oz reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded (11⁄2 cups)

*1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, sliced
Garnish: diced tomato and sliced scallion



PREPARATION
1. Place tortillas in oven. Heat to 425°F. Have a shallow 2- to 21⁄2-qt baking dish ready.2. Mix salsa, sour cream and cilantro in a medium bowl. Spread 1⁄2 cup over bottom of baking dish. In another bowl, combine turkey, 1 cup cheese and the roasted peppers. Remove tortillas from oven.3. Spoon scant 1⁄2 cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining salsa mixture over top. 4. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. You can also use leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Suiza is Spanish for Swiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment